HAAD(HEALTH AUTHORITY OF ABU DHABI)
What is the HAAD Exam?
In the United Arab Emirates (UAE), if an individual wants to practice within a profession, they will need to obtain a professional permit. Healthcare professionals in Abu Dhabi must get their license through the Health Authority of Abu Dhabi (HAAD) and therefore, must take the HAAD Exam.
The first step in this process includes paying a fee, going on a training course and then finally sitting exams for Ministry approval. There are distinctive specialties of exams depending on the student’s profession:
- Doctors in Abu Dhabi must get specific licenses from HAAD depending on whether they are interns, general practitioners, specialists, consultants or resident doctors.
- Dentists must acquire specific licenses from HAAD depending on whether they are interns, general dentists, specialists, consultants or resident dentists.
- Nurses too excessively should get their license from HAAD depending on whether they are applying to be a registered nurse, registered midwife, nurse practitioner, mental health nurse, pediatric nurse, community nurse or assistant nurse.
- Pharmacists need to take a different test on the basis of their specialization’s, although specialization’s in pharmacy are limited the HAAD classify pharmacists into clinical pharmacists, community pharmacists and pharmacy technician.
- Dietitians also are required to acquire a license, this website provides a specially created dietitian course for potential licensees.
- Other professionsOther professions which are required to take the exam include:
- Alternative medical practitioners such as TCM and Unani medicine
- Chiropractic medicine
- Naturopathic medicine
- Osteopathic medicine
All health-care professionals including doctors, technicians, dentists, pharmacists and traditional practitioners; especially outside the UAE would now be able to apply online for a medical license to work in the UAE. Each type of professional can apply for the completely online Examination & Evaluation System (EES), in their own country, thus reducing costs and time, all fees can even be paid electronically.
Some professions required to take the HAAD exam need to sit the written exam, this contains of 100 MCQs with a time limit of 2.5 hours (150 minutes), this gives you 90 seconds per HAAD exam question.In the examination results, the percentage of your right answers is not stated. Instead, only a pass or fail result is shown.
These are the modified qualifications for Registered Nurses based on the latest Professional Qualification Requirements (PQR):
- Bachelor degree in nursing or equivalent qualification of NLT three (3) years study duration in “Nursing” from accredited, or:
- Associate Degree Nurses with evidence of passing the National exam (e.g. USA: NCLEX-RN).
- Valid national license.
- Valid Basic Life Support certification.
- ACLS, PALS relevant to area of specialty. Note: this excludes programs comprising 2 years nursing + 1 year Midwifery or Community Health. Holders of such programs qualify as Practical Nurses.
- 2 years clinical experience post qualification in appropriate setting
Dataflow process and credential verification is required before the examination. Data flow is an organization who will aid each applicant to verify the required documents. If candidates are eligible after verification of documents, then they can proceed with the HAAD examination process.
Gather all the required reports for your desired position and scan them. The required documents are as follows:
- High school diploma
- College diploma with Certificate of Authentication and Verification (CAV)
- Official Transcript of Records
2. Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) documents
- Board certificate
- Certificate of good standing – must be 6 months valid. If applicants worked from a country without a licensing body like Libya, you must obtain a letter of reciprocity.
3. Employment Credentials
- Certificate of employment signed by the head of HR – volunteer experience does not count
4. Other Documents
- Passport copy
- Passport size photo
- Basic Life Support certificate
- Sponsoring Facility Declaration form (applicable if you have sponsor, if none then leave this part blank)
- Letter of authorization
- CID/Security form (English pages only)
For the Dataflow process, follow these steps:
- Sign-up to the official Dataflow website.
- Fill-up the form with your details relevant your desired position.
- Upload all your scanned documents to the form provided online and then submit.
- Check your email to obtain your Dataflow number.
- Pay the necessary fees.
- Wait for at least 45 working days for the verification process (some can take up to 90 days).
After all of the required records have been verified, dataflow will send you an email for your HAAD web login (pre-licensing). If all of your documents are qualified, you can now book for HAAD examination.
Examinees are given three endeavor (in three separate applications) to pass the HAAD examination. If the candidate failed all the three attempts, he or she will have to wait a year from the last exam to be able to retake the exam.
HAAD AT i-blue
We offer coaching for all health care professionals under the guidance of well experienced professional trainers. Classes are offered standard full time base or part time base. The well qualified teachers help the students to develop abilities needed to pass the examination. To prepare for the exam comprehensive ranges of study materials composed by expert authors are available in the library. During the training period we give model tests, which helps to analyze and overcome the stressful situations. Our model test trains students to face the most difficult of situations. All batches are scheduled with settled number of students in order to ensure personal attention.